From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] KDE4.3 upgrade -- questions about wiki page
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 19:57:59
1 On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 8:34 AM, Akos Szalkai<szalkai@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 >>> You may be thinking of autounmask.  But I don't think it will help with
4 >>> the KDE 4.2.4->4.3.0 blocks.
5 >>>
6 >> Yes, that's what I was thinking of.
7 >>
8 >> Why don't you think it will help in this case? Is it limited in some way?
9 > If I'm remember correctly (I don't have a KDE-4.2.4 system right now),
10 > the blocks are not keyword or mask related, but 4.2.4 and 4.3 simply
11 > blocking each other.  You cannot have both installed, unless you turn on
12 > the very much deprecated kdeprefix USE flag.  And if you have a :4.2
13 > versioned item in world, portage won't be able to resolve the blocks by
14 > upgrading (which may or may not be considered a portage problem).
15 >
16 > At least this is how I imagine the situation, without digging too deep
17 > into the ebuilds. :-/
18 >
19 > Akos
23 Ah, OK. Thanks for the insights.