From: Akos Szalkai <szalkai@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] KDE4.3 upgrade -- questions about wiki page
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 19:57:59
1 >> You may be thinking of autounmask. But I don't think it will help with
2 >> the KDE 4.2.4->4.3.0 blocks.
3 >>
4 > Yes, that's what I was thinking of.
5 >
6 > Why don't you think it will help in this case? Is it limited in some way?
7 If I'm remember correctly (I don't have a KDE-4.2.4 system right now),
8 the blocks are not keyword or mask related, but 4.2.4 and 4.3 simply
9 blocking each other. You cannot have both installed, unless you turn on
10 the very much deprecated kdeprefix USE flag. And if you have a :4.2
11 versioned item in world, portage won't be able to resolve the blocks by
12 upgrading (which may or may not be considered a portage problem).
13
14 At least this is how I imagine the situation, without digging too deep
15 into the ebuilds. :-/
16
17 Akos