From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] KDE4.3 upgrade -- questions about wiki page
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 19:57:59
1 On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 8:01 AM, Akos Szalkai<szalkai@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 >> I'm not at a Gentoo machine right now, but in addition to the inputs
4 >> from Akos and Paul there is a Gentoo app (which unfortunately I don't
5 >> remember the name but is something obvious like auto-unblock, etc.)
6 >> that does auto-unblocking and adds lines to portage.unmask,
7 >> portage.keywords, etc. It puts comments around the lines it adds so
8 >> that it's easy to see what it did. sometimes you need to run it a
9 >> couple of times to get to a point where you'll get a clean install,
10 >> but it does work.
13 > You may be thinking of autounmask.  But I don't think it will help with
14 > the KDE 4.2.4->4.3.0 blocks.
15 >
16 > Akos
19 Yes, that's what I was thinking of.
20
21 Why don't you think it will help in this case? Is it limited in some way?
22
23 - Mark