From: Peter Davoust <worldgnat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] KDE is dead...
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 16:39:11
1 Point taken. Thanks.
2
3 On 8/15/06, Hemmann, Volker Armin <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
4 wrote:
5 >
6 > On Tuesday 15 August 2006 16:51, Peter Davoust wrote:
7 > > Ok, so I had a 5 gig disk image I was using for a guest OS. I deleted it
8 > > and it brought be down to about 93% usage, and gave me back KDE. Then I
9 > did
10 > > a series of du -s /* etc, which took me to a directory I created for a
11 > Java
12 > > application I'm writing. Somehow, a file called fool was created, and it
13 > > was enourmous. I deleted it and it brought me down to 22% usage. Is that
14 > > insane or what? I guess the file was appropriately named.....
17 > a long time ago, gimp created a temp file with a size of 4gb.. which was
18 > pretty deadly on a 8gb partition with 4gb free ;)
19 >
20 > sometimes temp files are running completly mad.. a check once in a while
21 > is
22 > not a bad thing.
23 > --
24 > gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list