From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] "Superblock last mount time is in the future. FIXED" but it isn't...
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 20:50:29
1 On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Tom <uebershark@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > I only ever see that message when my system goes out to lunch an I have
3 > to hit the big switch to reset it.
4 > I get it once, then fschk does its magic, and all is good.
5 >
6 > I also once built my kernel without rtc support by mistake, and I then
7 > also got that message + a message complaining it couldn't set the
8 > hardware clock during startup/shutdown.
9 >
10 > I also dualboot, so my bios is set to localtime.
11 > I'd check in your bios if time is set correctly, then boot up with a
12 > live cd, and with your volumes unmounted run fschk on them.
13 >
14 > Tom
15
16 Tom,
17 Thanks. Seems like a sensible plan. I'll look at doing it later
18 today presuming no one else comes up with a different solution.
19
20 Cheers,
21 Mark