From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Symlinks vs. Bind mounts.
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 10:04:28
1 On Tuesday 12 August 2008 10:22:56 Morgan Wesström wrote:
2
3 > If I understand [...] correctly, I wouldn't be able to compile Open Office
4 > on tmpfs with my 2GB RAM and 1GB swap. I would have to increase the swap
5 > space to be able to hold all the temporary files from the compilation,
6 > wouldn't I?
7
8 Yes. In fact, the OOo installation process checks for sufficient space
9 before it starts, both RAM and swap, and stops if it thinks you haven't
10 enough.
11
12 You could always allocate another swap partition. One of my boxes has 4 2GB
13 partitions on different disks, though that's far more than I need.
16 Rgds
17 Peter