From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Can I run a 32-bit kernel on my 64-bit kernel Gentoo machine?
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 10:46:35
1 On 9/25/05, John Myers <electronerd@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Sunday 25 September 2005 19:45, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 > > However, I am completely unable to figure out for myself
4 > > if I can run a 32-bit kernel when everything else - glibc, xrog-x11,
5 > > qt, gnome, apps, etc., have been compiled as 64-bit capable.
6 > No. The kernel would boot, but it would panic when it tried to run init.
9 Thanks John,
10 That's exactly what I was concerned about.
11
12 So, to check how this hardware platform works in a 32-bit mode I
13 guess I need to do a complete second install on a separate part of the
14 hard drive as an Athlon. That's a big job that I'm not anxious to do.
15
16 Cheers,
17 Mark
20 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list