From: Barry Schwartz <chemoelectric@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] grub2 upgrade fail (was Boycott Systemd)
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 05:42:50
1 Antoine Martin <antoine@××××××××××.uk> skribis:
2 > "Simple" and the large collection of scripts that is grub2 is not
3 > something I often hear in the same sentence ;)
4
5 I don’t use any of the scripts, and just have a very simple, hand
6 edited grub config file. Lilo, however, has the huge advantage that it
7 tries to verify the config before it does anything hazardous.
8
9 Grub 2 seems to me better than Grub 1 (though still not very good) if
10 you find yourself editing things at the Grub command line. However, if
11 it does not work on a given computer then this is what I call ‘a fact
12 of life’. :)