From: Drake Donahue <donahue95@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] DHCP and Portage
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 23:23:33
1 might try booting livecd and running:
2 modprobe TIGON3 (or tigon3)
3 net-setup
4
5 possible doa NIC?
6
7 ----- Original Message -----
8 From: "Ryan Rice" <rrice@××××××.com>
9 To: <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
10 Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 5:52 PM
11 Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] DHCP and Portage
14 > The network did not work when the LiveCD was booted.
15 >
16 > In fact, the port is active because the external connection LED is active,
17 > and my DHCP server sees the hardware, and passes along the correct IP to
18 > the hardware's MAC. It shows up as active in my DHCP tables.
19 >
20 > In Gentoo, I have tried manually configuring it with ifconfig and tried
21 > dhcpcd to no success. I've also tried to set the nameservers. It says
22 > that the host name is unreachable when I attempt a ping.
23 >
24 > God Bless,
25 >
26 > Ryan A. Rice
27 > Operations Manager / Senior Systems Engineer
28 > i*hydra, Where Price and Power Converge.
29 > http://www.ihydra.com
30 > rrice@××××××.com
31 > Toll Free: (866)-433-1238
32 > Cell: (207)-333-1258
33 > Fax: (207)-226-7376
34 >
35 > +---------------------------------+
39 > Drake Donahue wrote:
40 >> did the network work when you booted the livecd?
44 >> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ryan Rice" <rrice@××××××.com>
45 >> To: <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
46 >> Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 4:27 PM
47 >> Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] DHCP and Portage
50 >>> Yes, I've tried this and pretty much any other dhcp command that I can
51 >>> think of.
52 >>> What other information would be valuable?
53 >>>
54 >>> Thanks.
55 >>>
56 >>> God Bless,
57 >>>
58 >>> Ryan A. Rice
59 >>> Operations Manager / Senior Systems Engineer
60 >>> i*hydra, Where Price and Power Converge.
61 >>> http://www.ihydra.com
62 >>> rrice@××××××.com
63 >>> Toll Free: (866)-433-1238
64 >>> Cell: (207)-333-1258
65 >>> Fax: (207)-226-7376
66 >>>
67 >>> +---------------------------------+
68 >>>
69 >>>
70 >>>
71 >>> Mark Haney wrote:
72 >>>> Simon Stelling wrote:
73 >>>>> Ryan Rice wrote:
74 >>>>>
75 >>>>>> I'm having trouble getting my network connection configured. It's a
76 >>>>>> Broadcom BCM5704C . I can 'ifconfig eth0' and have the port
77 >>>>>> information come back, but it won't DHCP what so ever. Any ideas?
78 >>>>>>
79 >>>>>> Also, Is it possible to install Portage via CDROM rather than over
80 >>>>>> the net?
81 >>>>>>
82 >>>>>
83 >>>>> What about if you just google up the question instead of giving us
84 >>>>> nearly zero
85 >>>>> info and expecting to throw the answer at you? Really, it shouldn't be
86 >>>>> all that
87 >>>>> hard.
88 >>>>>
89 >>>>>
90 >>>> More info would be nice, but for the sake of argument, have you tried
91 >>>> 'dhcpcd eth0'? Or running whichever dhcp client you have to see if it
92 >>>> gets you an IP?
93 >>>>
94 >>> --
95 >>> gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list