From: Ryan Rice <rrice@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] DHCP and Portage
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 22:55:11
1 The network did not work when the LiveCD was booted.
2
3 In fact, the port is active because the external connection LED is
4 active, and my DHCP server sees the hardware, and passes along the
5 correct IP to the hardware's MAC. It shows up as active in my DHCP tables.
6
7 In Gentoo, I have tried manually configuring it with ifconfig and tried
8 dhcpcd to no success. I've also tried to set the nameservers. It says
9 that the host name is unreachable when I attempt a ping.
10
11 God Bless,
12
13 Ryan A. Rice
14 Operations Manager / Senior Systems Engineer
15 i*hydra, Where Price and Power Converge.
16 http://www.ihydra.com
17 rrice@××××××.com
18 Toll Free: (866)-433-1238
19 Cell: (207)-333-1258
20 Fax: (207)-226-7376
21
22 +---------------------------------+
26 Drake Donahue wrote:
27 > did the network work when you booted the livecd?
31 > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ryan Rice" <rrice@××××××.com>
32 > To: <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
33 > Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 4:27 PM
34 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] DHCP and Portage
37 >> Yes, I've tried this and pretty much any other dhcp command that I
38 >> can think of.
39 >> What other information would be valuable?
40 >>
41 >> Thanks.
42 >>
43 >> God Bless,
44 >>
45 >> Ryan A. Rice
46 >> Operations Manager / Senior Systems Engineer
47 >> i*hydra, Where Price and Power Converge.
48 >> http://www.ihydra.com
49 >> rrice@××××××.com
50 >> Toll Free: (866)-433-1238
51 >> Cell: (207)-333-1258
52 >> Fax: (207)-226-7376
53 >>
54 >> +---------------------------------+
58 >> Mark Haney wrote:
59 >>> Simon Stelling wrote:
60 >>>> Ryan Rice wrote:
61 >>>>
62 >>>>> I'm having trouble getting my network connection configured. It's
63 >>>>> a Broadcom BCM5704C . I can 'ifconfig eth0' and have the port
64 >>>>> information come back, but it won't DHCP what so ever. Any ideas?
65 >>>>>
66 >>>>> Also, Is it possible to install Portage via CDROM rather than
67 >>>>> over the net?
68 >>>>>
69 >>>>
70 >>>> What about if you just google up the question instead of giving us
71 >>>> nearly zero
72 >>>> info and expecting to throw the answer at you? Really, it shouldn't
73 >>>> be all that
74 >>>> hard.
75 >>>>
76 >>>>
77 >>> More info would be nice, but for the sake of argument, have you
78 >>> tried 'dhcpcd eth0'? Or running whichever dhcp client you have to
79 >>> see if it gets you an IP?
80 >>>
81 >> --
82 >> gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list