From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] How can I capture enough debug info to make a good bug report?
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 16:50:48
1 On 10/2/07, Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > first try the w3c validator to see if there is a problem with the web page.
3 > it happes a lot that pages don't display correctly in firefox and sometimes
4 > they even crash it because of some script errors and features that are
5 > available only in internet exploder. so first search a validator in the w3c
6 > page and try using it on the page that gives you problems. you should see
7 > with it if there are problems.
8 > and for what i know firefox has a reporting feature which sends the bug
9 > reports automatically after crashes. i don't really know ho it activates
10 > though.
11 >
12 <SNIP>
13
14 Are you speaking of this site?
15
16 http://validator.w3.org/
17
18 If so it doesn't even like the front page at this URL. That said the
19 front page doesn't crash.
20
21 http://www.investors.com/
22
23 It also doesn't like the page that is crashing. (The CANslim Select
24 link on the left hand side.) I don't think that URL would do anyone
25 here any good since you need a password to even try and get to it.
26
27 Thanks,
28 Mark
29 --