From: Barry Schwartz <chemoelectric@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Boycott Systemd
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 04:07:59
1 Antoine Martin <antoine@××××××××××.uk> skribis:
2 > Now for my anecdotal evidence, which may help explain my position on the
3 > subject: in 20 years of Linux, no other system level change has caused
4 > me more time wasted than systemd (admitedly, the grub2 "upgrade" comes
5 > close), this is both as a developer and as a user.
6
7 I had the advantage of setting up Grub 2 originally as part of an
8 Exherbo installation a few years ago, where one was encouraged to do
9 it in the simplest possible way. If you do it that way, it’s actually
10 like Grub 1 except ever so slightly cleaner. I still do it that way.
11
12 If you do it like Ubuntu does, heaven help you. :)