From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] xorg DRI setup
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 17:40:36
1 Beso, I've got some questions on getting the desktop effects setup on my
2 system that I hoe you can answer for me.
3
4 1. Can you clarify the untarring of the x11.tar.gz? I've put it in the
5 overlay (mine is /usr/portage/local/layman/x11) but I'm not sure what to
6 do with those files when it's unzipped, I just untarred it in the root
7 of that directory, is that okay?
8
9 2. The USE flags for xorg-server. With the input_devices_* that are
10 listed there, can I insert those into /etc/make.conf under the
11 'INPUT_DEVICES = ' line? that would save tons of time and make my USE
12 line a little more manageable.
13
14 3. Conpiz-fusion, do I use the compiz-fusion-0.*.* or the
15 compiz-fusion-live ebuilds?
16
17 One last thing, how do I verify that I'm actually compiling the right
18 packages?
22 Libenter homines id quod volunt credunt -- Caius Julius Caesar
25 Mark Haney
26 Sr. Systems Administrator
27 ERC Broadband
28 (828) 350-2415
29
30 Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support