From: Nadav Horesh <nadavh@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] DHCPCD does not start on boot
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 12:21:31
1 I tries the following:
2
3 * Commented out all lines in /etc/init.d/net
4 * emerged dhcdbd and added it to the chain:
7 acpid | default
8 alsasound | boot
9 beagled | default
10 bootmisc | boot
11 checkfs | boot
12 checkroot | boot
13 clock | boot
14 consolefont | boot
15 cpudyn | default
16 cupsd | default
17 dhcdbd | default
18 esound | default
19 gpm | default
20 hald | default
21 hostname | boot
22 ivman-user | default
23 keymaps | boot
24 lm_sensors | boot
25 local | default nonetwork
26 localmount | boot
27 modules | boot
28 net.eth0 | default
29 net.lo | boot
30 netmount | default
31 rmnologin | boot
32 samba | default
33 syslog-ng | default
34 urandom | boot
35 usbd | default
36 vixie-cron | default
37 xdm | default
38 xinetd | default
41 But it did not bring dhcp on at boot.
42 Is there any method I can follow the initialisation process and see if the dhcp daemon is called?
43
44 Nadav.
45