From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] DHCPCD does not start on boot
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 19:49:42
1 2008/12/16 Nadav Horesh <nadavh@×××××××××××.com>:
2 > We have a network with a windows dhcp server. Few weeks ago dhcpcd did not function at the boot, and since them I have to bring it up manually:
3 >
4 > $ dhcpcd eth0.
5 >
6 > Configuration:
7 > $ rc-update -s
8 > acpid | default
9 > alsasound | boot
10 > beagled | default
11 > bootmisc | boot
12 > checkfs | boot
13 > checkroot | boot
14 > clock | boot
15 > consolefont | boot
16 > cpudyn | default
17 > cupsd | default
18 > esound | default
19 > gpm | default
20 > hald | default
21 > hostname | boot
22 > ivman-user | default
23 > keymaps | boot
24 > lm_sensors | boot
25 > local | default nonetwork
26 > localmount | boot
27 > modules | boot
28 > net.eth0 | default
29 > net.lo | boot
30 > netmount | default
31 > rmnologin | boot
32 > samba | default
33 > syslog-ng | default
34 > urandom | boot
35 > usbd | default
36 > vixie-cron | default
37 > xdm | default
38 > xinetd | default
39 >
40 > The "/etc/conf.d/net" files was initially empty (comments only). Changing to:
41 >
42 > $ cat /etc/conf.d/net
43 > # This blank configuration will automatically use DHCP for any net.*
44 > # scripts in /etc/init.d. To create a more complete configuration,
45 > # please review /etc/conf.d/net.example and save your configuration
46 > # in /etc/conf.d/net (this file :]!).
47 > modules=( "dhcpcd" ) # to select dhclient over dhcpcd
48 > config_eth0=( "dhcp" )
49 > dhcp_eth0="nontp nonis"
50 >
51 > did not help.
52 >
53 > Before the login prompt I get the message:
54 >
55 > WARNING: netmount is scheduled to start when net.eth0 has started.
56 > (and a similar warning for the samba services
57 >
58 > Any ideas how to get dhcpcd run at boot?
59 >
60 > Nadav.
61 >
62 i'd put that file to blank again and try using dhcdbd instead of dhcpcd, that
63 is quite old and almost not used anymore in favor of dhcpclient/dhcdbd.
64 i've been switching to the later since i've had some problems with it with the
65 old baselayout 1.2.
68 dott. ing. beso