From: Mateusz Mierzwinski <mateuszmierzwinski@××.pl>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] HostAPD & ralink
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 12:50:20
1 Mateusz Mierzwinski pisze:
2 > agtdino pisze:
3 >> Hello, I'm trying to configure a Access Point with ralink rt61, when
4 >> I run /etc/init.d/hostapd start say something that don't
5 >> exist /dev/wlan0 but ralink device is /dev/ra0. I've read that HostAPd
6 >> cannot run on any other device that non Atheros, (madwifi-ng) or
7 >> Prism :(
8 >>
9 >> Any help will be apreciated.
10 >>
11 >> Thank and regards
14 > Ok, if You use hostAP you should have WiFi card that allows to run in
15 > AP mode - most of new cards have it. But when hostAP was written, only
16 > couple chipsets have ability to run in AP. If You cannot run on RT/RA
17 > link card with hostAP, there is some probability, that this card is
18 > not supported with hostAP packege. I've having RT/RaLink card on
19 > PCMCIA but, this card can run in AP mode under windows only with
20 > WINDOWS DRIVERS. Simple: hostap is not packege for Your card.
21 >
22 > PS: ndiswrapper allso don't work.
23 Try to get card with atheros or prism chipsets. Old, arm based AP have
24 that one built inside. If You have old AP, then card (PCMCIA) is inside...
25 --
26 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list