From: Mateusz Mierzwinski <mateuszmierzwinski@××.pl>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] HostAPD & ralink
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 09:07:03
1 agtdino pisze:
2 > Hello, I'm trying to configure a Access Point with ralink rt61,
3 > when I run /etc/init.d/hostapd start say something that don't
4 > exist /dev/wlan0 but ralink device is /dev/ra0. I've read that HostAPd
5 > cannot run on any other device that non Atheros, (madwifi-ng) or
6 > Prism :(
7 >
8 > Any help will be apreciated.
9 >
10 > Thank and regards
13 Ok, if You use hostAP you should have WiFi card that allows to run in AP
14 mode - most of new cards have it. But when hostAP was written, only
15 couple chipsets have ability to run in AP. If You cannot run on RT/RA
16 link card with hostAP, there is some probability, that this card is not
17 supported with hostAP packege. I've having RT/RaLink card on PCMCIA but,
18 this card can run in AP mode under windows only with WINDOWS DRIVERS.
19 Simple: hostap is not packege for Your card.
20
21 PS: ndiswrapper allso don't work.
22 --
23 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list