From: "Florian D." <flockmock@×××.at>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] kernel recompile?
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 16:20:07
1 Pawel Kraszewski wrote:
2 > So manual config, automatic install
3 > is my way.
4 ok, sorry for being off-topic, but what is the default installation
5 target for 'make install'? /boot/vmlinuz? and is there a
6 backup-function, say, that my last /boot/vmlinuz gets automatically
7 moved to /boot/vmlinuz.old or something? a pointer to documentation
8 would be welcome, dr.google knows nothing.
9 >
10 > [OT] Yesterday I managed to finally compile OpenOffice on my AMD64. Boy,
11 > that's the speed improvement! For successful compilation I just needed the
12 > "JAVA_PKG_FORCE_VM=blackdown-jdk-1.4.2" trick.
13 me too :-)
16 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list