From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] KDE4.3 upgrade -- questions about wiki page
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 19:57:58
1 On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 6:54 AM, Mark Haney<mhaney@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > I'm trying to upgrade to 4.3 from 4.2.4 and I've been seeing the blocks
3 > that are keeping me from upgrading.  According to the wiki page I should:
4 >
5 >> # Check that you don’t have any 4.2 versioned kde-base/* items in /var/lib/portage/world
6 >> # Check that you don’t have any 4.2 versioned sets in /var/lib/portage/world_sets
7 >
8 > I did that, and I do have a few KDE things in world.  My question is,
9 > how do I fix that?  I am nervous about editing /var/lib/portage/world
10 > directly.  Is there some other, better way?
14 > --
15 > Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
16 >
17 > Mark Haney
18 > Sr. Systems Administrator
19 > ERC Broadband
20 > (828) 350-2415
24 I'm not at a Gentoo machine right now, but in addition to the inputs
25 from Akos and Paul there is a Gentoo app (which unfortunately I don't
26 remember the name but is something obvious like auto-unblock, etc.)
27 that does auto-unblocking and adds lines to portage.unmask,
28 portage.keywords, etc. It puts comments around the lines it adds so
29 that it's easy to see what it did. sometimes you need to run it a
30 couple of times to get to a point where you'll get a clean install,
31 but it does work.
32
33 Might be another option for you.
34