From: "Jared H. Hudson" <jhhudso@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-announce@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-announce] Device File System
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 11:48:04
1 You need to enable experimental options, in order to see the devfs option, this
2 is under the first menuconfig category.
3
4 -Jared H.
5
6 Quoting John Copeland <johnc@××××.com>:
7
8 > 12. Installalling the kernel and system logger
9 > says to enable the "Device File sysem" I can't find a reference to
10 > DEVFS anywhere in the menuconfig. If I look at the .config file I find
11 > CONFIG_DEVFS_FS is not set, CONFIG_DEVFS_MOUNT is not set immediately
12 > after CONFIG_PROC_FS=y.
13 >
14 > This is my 2nd run at this. The first compile would not work; said
15 > kernel needs devfs and it wasn't compiled in.
16 >
17 > Can someone help here? Am I missing something?
18 >
19 > Thanks,
20 > John Copeland