From: bob p <jackass.project@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] python-fchksum error - looking for wrong gcc? (was: specifying global USE)
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 00:09:38
1 On Apr 3, 2005 6:34 AM, Jeff Davidson <supermonkey@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > And now for a more annoying problem: My stage3 fails on
4 > python-fchksum, which for some odd reason was trying to use
5 > i386-pc-linux-gnu-gcc instead of the i686 gcc I have installed. In
6 > the catalyst-generated tarball, there were two i386-pc gcc files that
7 > I thought were generating this error, but when I removed them and
8 > retarred the file I still got it (although it changed from gcc-config
9 > complaining to a simple file not found):
10
11 Hi. I'm new to the list.
12
13 Jeff, I've seen this problem before. Ryan (Sith) had commented that
14 he had also seen the problem with python-fchksum occurring when he was
15 rebuilding a GCC 343 toolkit on a 2005.0 installation. He said that,
16 "the ebuild compiles using python, and if python has been compiled
17 using an older gcc compiler, then it uses that compiler to build
18 python-fchsum, which causes cflag problems (with -mtune)."
19 Interestingly, he only noticed this problem occurring with the x86
20 stageball and not any of the stageballs based on i686.
21
22 I'm thinking that this problem could be caused by the retention of
23 static libraries from the previous version of GCC. I would try
24 "emerge -e system && emerge -e system" and see if that makes the
25 problem go away.
26
27 Just an idea. I hope it works.
28