From: Mikey <mikey@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] catalyst 2.0 problem
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 15:38:19
1 On Thursday 22 December 2005 09:25, Jon Hood spammed:
2
3 > After building my livecd with catalyst 2.0_rc11, I receive the following
4 > message:
5 > "mount: Mounting /newroot/mnt/cdrom/image.squashfs on
6 > /newroot/mnt/livecd failed: No such device"
7 > I then receive a kernel panic since it wasn't able to mount the squashfs
8 > image. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!
9
10 Jon, I am not terribly familiar with creating livecds, but I will take a
11 swag :)
12
13 I assume you are attempting to boot the livecd? If so, perhaps squashfs is
14 not compiled into the initrd modules or the actual livecd boot kernel?
15 Could be bad media?
16
17 Have you tried directly mounting the livecd.squashfs that resides on the
18 cdrom from a running box to verify it is sane?
19
20 I.e mount the cdrom at /mnt/cdrom, then:
21
22 mount -o loop -t squashfs /mnt/cdrom/livecd.squashfs /mnt/wherever