From: Mike B <mikeybs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 15:22:11
1 > Use the cascading profiles. The non-cascaded profiles are more than
2 > likely not very functional anymore and will be removed from the tree. I
3 > recommend using default-linux/x86/2004.3 for your profile.
4 >
5 > > Building a stage2 I get the same error no matter which way I try to
6 > > build it, I tried all portage snapshot - profile - seed stage
7 > > combinations.....no luck...always the same error when building the
8 > > first package for stage2.
9 >
10 > What version of catalyst are you using? With any catalyst > 1.1.1, it
11 > requires a modified portage snapshot to build, since all catalyst >
12 > 1.1.1 is designed for 2005.0 and has changes in it that are going to be
13 > present in 2005.0, but are not in the tree yet.
14 >
15 > --
16
17 sorry, forgot to mention...I am using catalyst 1.1.1
18
19 I am rebuilding stage1 and stage2 with the profile you reccomended,
20 hopefully it will work out. Eventually I would like to get to the
21 point where I am using the 2005.0 profile. Is it necessary to use the
22 ~x86 catalyst ebuild in order to build using the 2005.0 profile?
23
24 I also would like the liveCDs I build to use the 2.6 kernel (for some
25 I want to make custom kernels for others just use genkernel)... should
26 I be using 2005.0 for this?
27
28 Hopefully I didn't ask too many stupid questions. I am looking to
29 become very competent at building my own customized LiveCDs. I found
30 the catalyst FAQ, the reference manual, and the howto, in addition to
31 the man page... if there are any additional resources that I should be
32 looking at to gain knowledge I'd be thankful for a heads up.
33
34 mikeyB
35 --
36 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list