From: "W. Trevor King" <wking@×××××××.us>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] timezone during stage4
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 23:08:04
1 On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 11:55:47PM +0100, Peter Stuge wrote:
2 > W. Trevor King wrote:
3 > > > I copy a file in the fsscript, but that of course happens *after* the
4 > > > above `date` output has already been compiled in.
5 > > >
6 > > > What to do?
7 > >
8 > > Use stage4/root_overlay?
9 >
10 > root_overlay comes just before fsscript so it doesn't really solve
11 > the problem.
12
13 Ah, sorry. I was unable to find documentation for command invocation
14 order, but `<target>/root_overlay` is advertised as being suitable for
15 config files. It would make sense to me if this was dropped in before
16 emerging packages (for cases like this), but it would also make sense
17 if this was dropped in after emerging packages (e.g. to override
18 config files clobbered by the new packages). I suppose it's currently
19 the latter.
20
21 > My above idea of copying /etc/localtime into the chroot during
22 > chroot_setup and either just removing it or replacing it with a
23 > file from an optional to-be-added spec file parameter seems like it
24 > would work - how do people feel about that?
25
26 FWIW, I'd prefer an early-acting root_overlay analog. Also a single
27 new spec file parameter, but you get the added flexibility of handling
28 any additional pre-emerge setup you need. I don't know what
29 additional setup you might need, but if we've missed timezones, we're
30 probably missing something else ;).
31
32 Cheers,
33 Trevor