From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Build stage4 ssmtp conflicts with postfix.
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 19:29:16
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 11:34 -0600, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
3 >>> I am building stage4, but he return error where ssmtp conflicts with
4 >>> postfix. I trying configure virtuals in my profile to set postfix
5 >>> virtual mta, but not work. Somebody can help me?
6 >> This is a portage bug and has nothing to do with catalyst. You'd encounter this
7 >> same problem when emerging the same packages in a stage3 chroot.
8 >
9 > No, it is a portage feature. You cannot install two packages which
10 > block each other. If you want postfix in your stage4, build a set of
11 > lower stages (you should *always* do this, anyway) with your
12 > customizations (like virtual/mta being postfix) and then rebuild your
13 > stage4.
14
15 The "bug" I was referring to was that portage will show a blocker when you do
16 something like 'emerge vixie-cron postfix', even though postfix satisfies the
17 virtual/mta that vixie-cron RDEPENDs on.
18
19 Like Chris said, the only way around this is to change the default provider for
20 virtual/mta in the profile you're using in your snapshot.
23 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
24 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
25 --
26 gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o mailing list