From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Build stage4 ssmtp conflicts with postfix.
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 19:25:58
1 On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 11:34 -0600, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2 > > I am building stage4, but he return error where ssmtp conflicts with
3 > > postfix. I trying configure virtuals in my profile to set postfix
4 > > virtual mta, but not work. Somebody can help me?
5 >
6 > This is a portage bug and has nothing to do with catalyst. You'd encounter this
7 > same problem when emerging the same packages in a stage3 chroot.
8
9 No, it is a portage feature. You cannot install two packages which
10 block each other. If you want postfix in your stage4, build a set of
11 lower stages (you should *always* do this, anyway) with your
12 customizations (like virtual/mta being postfix) and then rebuild your
13 stage4.
16 Chris Gianelloni
17 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
18 Games Developer