From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Is this a bug?
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 20:20:56
1 Nelson Batalha wrote:
2 >> But since you have a boot option called nox (no X)
3 >
4 > (oops, what I meant was that it looks possible to write options in the
5 > boot possible to read later, like nox)
6 >
7 >> I do have to warn you that the Release Engineering staff does > not
8 >> endorse *any* documentation placed on a public wiki of any > kind.
9 >
10 > Well, I'm keeping a local version using only things mentioned here (or
11 > trivial) or at your docs, hope you can use them. I have much more
12 > questions to ask, and I felt bad for making you repeat yourselves and
13 > not doing anything in return :S.
14 >
15 > Like:
16 >
17 > 1) My livecd's don't shutdown/unmount the filesystems correctly, what
18 > could it be?
19
20 We have a newer version of livecd-tools that fixes this stable in our release
21 snapshot.
22
23 > 2) The unmerge step says it can't find any of the packages, why? (the
24 > syntax is correct, and they are there. wrong environment?)
25
26 You've got packages in there that aren't emerged. Remove them. Yes, the LiveCD
27 specs in CVS have this "problem", but it's harmless, so we've never bothered to
28 fix it.
31 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
32 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
33 --
34 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list