From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Cc: williamh@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Differences between 2.x and 3.x, future merging
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 18:27:20
1 On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 2:21 PM, Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hello!
5 > The current process of copying changes from 2.x to 3.x or vice versa is
6 > suboptimal, especially with no recent merge commit around.
7 >
8 > I would like to start this thread to list and discuss differences
9 > between catalyst 2.x and 3.x so we can then decide what needs to be
10 > merged in which direction and then have a single branch soon (ideally)
11 > or at least two branches with clear and to-the-point diffs.
12 >
13 > Difference I have noticed (without searching) so far:
14 >
15 >  - Subarch "sh4aeb" is not supported on 3.x but 2.x
16 >
17 >  - Folder ./arch of 2.x is ./modules/catalyst/arch in 3.x
18 >
19 > Please add any differences you are aware of.  Many thanks!
20 >
21 > Best,
25 > Sebastian
26
27 WilliamH was just trying to determine this for himself on
28 #gentoo-releng a few minutes ago. CC'ing him here.
29
30 Matt