From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Re: Using masked packages in Catalyst .spec file
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 19:00:35
1 Johan Tibell wrote:
2 > Branched from a question to Chris regarding using masked packages when
3 > building a minimal CD.
4 >
5 >> > Hi,
6 >> >
7 >> > I'm trying to build my own version of the 2006.0 minimal CD with
8 >> > madwifi support (I realize that madwifi is unstable). I've added a
9 >> > madwifi to the use flag section and madwifi-driver to the package
10 >> > section. I can't run "catalyst -f livecd-stage1-minimal-madwifi.spec"
11 >> > though since madwifi-driver is masked (error attached below). How do I
12 >> > unmask a package for the build?
13 >>
14 >> You cannot. You need to unmask it in your snapshot, or use
15 >> portage_overlay to create a portage overlay.
16 >
17 > I found a portage_confdir variable in one of the .spec file that I can
18 > have point at a package.keywords file. Can you confirm that this is a
19 > way to use masked packages?
20
21 You can use this method, however, it is probably better just to remove the mask
22 in your snapshot.
25 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
26 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
29 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list