From: Christophe PEREZ <christophe.perez@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] Re: Re: minimal install on usb key
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 15:40:00
1 Le Wed, 29 Jun 2005 09:24:38 -0400, Chris Gianelloni a écrit :
2
3 > There isn't really any way to know. However, a general rule of thumb is
4 > drivers always go to livecd-stage2
5
6 ok !
7
8 > (please use livecd-stage2, and not stage2, as there *is* a stage2, and
9 > it is different... ;P)
10
11 Yes, it was to be quick.
12
13 > No. It appears that you changed gcc versions from your stage3 seed
14 > stage to your current.
15
16 that's what I understood but didn't know how to correct.
17
18 > If you update your snapshot before building a livecd-stage1, then it is
19 > *always* a good idea to build stage1, stage2, and stage3 before building
20 > your livecd-stage1.
21
22 Ah !!!
23 I always saw examples using stage3 from mirrors.
24
25 > This will reduce the number of errors you have from
26 > mismatched perl, gcc, or python versions.
27
28 So, I have to build 3 stages before livecd-stage1 ?
29 Oh !
30 still 3 specs to study :-(
31 I'll try that.
34 Thanks...