From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] problem to create an xfce x-livecd, "iceauth missing"
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 13:22:16
1 On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 21:11 -0400, derek tracy wrote:
2 > Set the portage_confdir in all of your stages spec files. That
3 > directory acts as your livecd's /etc/portage directory. Just create a
4 > package.use and put an entry for xfce4-session to disable the minimal
5 > use flag. What this does is allow the rest of your livecd's packages
6 > to be built as usual except for xfce4-session or whatever else you put
7 > in there.
8
9 Actually, minimal should not be used for building a CD. It was a
10 mistake that it was still used for 2005.0, as we decided against using
11 it anymore after 2004.3. I recommend removing the minimal USE flag
12 entirely, unless you understand its implications, as it will not only
13 affect vim, but xorg-x11. We had it on the release media for vim and
14 would definitely not use it for xorg-x11.
15