From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Catalyst 2.0.9 tagged but no ebuild in Gentoo?
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 18:03:19
1 Hello Jorge,
4 On 06/25/2012 02:17 PM, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
5 >> it seems there is a tag
6 >
7 >> CATALYST-2.0.9
8 >
9 >> in Git but no trace of an ebuild in Gentoo. If there is purpose
10 >> here, have you considered adding a masked ebuild, instead?
11 >> What is your motivation for the current approach?
12 >
13 > This isn't a "bug". I've tagged the release to test a few things
14 > related to the move from make.conf and make.profile from /etc to
15 > /etc/portage. I'll add the ebuild to the tree in a few days.
16
17 It's been two weeks. Please add an ebuild for 2.0.9 to give
18 interested users of catalyst the chance to check it out. If you feel
19 it's too "hot" for mass consumption please mask it one way
20 (package.mask) or another (KEYWORDS="").
21
22 For the future I propose we really release releases (i.e. git tag,
23 tarball and and ebuild) or to make no release tag if if there is no
24 release. For plain testing a git-describe-like label and a snapshot
25 should be sufficient to my understanding:
26
27 # git describe --tags | sed 's|^CATALYST-||'
28 2.0.9-262-gb3a0ffb
29
30 Thanks!
31