From: Eugen Serban <eugen.shr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] GSoC: Create a Web-based Gentoo image builder
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 22:14:49
1 Thanks!
2
3 When I first read about this idea I was very enthusiastic because I
4 remembered my first attempt to install Gentoo. A tool that would
5 simplify the process, but still keep the Gentoo "philosophy" is really
6 useful.
7
8 To be honest, what really concerns me is the architecture of the server
9 (cpu and hdd). But if I succeed in making it, even for one connection
10 simulated on my computer, then I am sure that it will be a great success.
11
12 Thank you very much for the link!
13
14 Erick Michau wrote:
15 > Hi,
16 >
17 > Depending on your approach you might eventually be interested in a similar
18 > tool called metro available at http://wiki.github.com/funtoo/metro
19 > It provides similar features at certain levels and noticeable differences
20 > too. It currently builds stable and unstable gentoo stages. Reading through
21 > gives some knowledge about building stages.
22 >
23 > It sounds like a very exciting project and the first questions that pop up
24 > to my mind are: how would one interface catalyst/metro with a website? is
25 > there any already existing similar framework? How much space would the
26 > server require for how many concurrent users building stage1->3 all at the
27 > same time?
28 >
29 > I have no clue as for the answers but it really feels like an interesting
30 > challenge.
31 >