From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] GSoC: Create a Web-based Gentoo image builder
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 06:46:48
1 Eugen Serban wrote:
2 > To be honest, what really concerns me is the architecture of the
3 > server (cpu and hdd).
4
5 I consider that to be mostly irrelevant. There can be a simple
6 queueing system and a build cluster with distcc.
9 > But if I succeed in making it, even for one connection simulated on
10 > my computer, then I am sure that it will be a great success.
11
12 I consider the challenge to be how to provide a useful interface for
13 creating spec files.
14
15 Also - the web site has to simply start the process, and then notify
16 the initiating user out of band when the build is finished because
17 the request will otherwise take much too long.
20 //Peter