From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] catalyst's ccache USE flag seems a bit stupid
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 02:17:54
1 On 06/25/2011 04:07 AM, Matt Turner wrote:
2 > In the catalyst ebuild we have
3 >
4 > # Here is where we actually enable ccache
5 > use ccache && \
6 > dosed 's:options="autoresume kern:options="autoresume ccache kern:' \
7 > /etc/catalyst/catalyst.conf
8 > dosed "s:/usr/lib/catalyst:/usr/$(get_libdir)/catalyst:" \
9 > /etc/catalyst/catalyst.conf
10 >
11 > The ccache USE flag simply adds ccache to RDEPEND and trivially
12 > modifies a .conf file.
13
14 Confirming.
17 > Can we assume that people using catalyst are smart enough to realize
18 > that if they turn on ccache in the .conf file that they need to
19 > install ccache?
20
21 I agree we can assume that^^^.
22
23 I am not sure what you are suggesting for change, though:
24
25 (A) Removing use flag ccache altogether?
26
27 That could result in the uninstallation of the
28 ccache package if it was the sole dependency of catalyst.
29 Correct?
30
31 (B) Remove the sed magic only?
32
33 That would remove the comfort of automatic addition
34 of option ccache. Any gains?
35
36 (C) Something else?
37