From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] catalyst's ccache USE flag seems a bit stupid
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 03:56:21
1 On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 10:17 PM, Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o> wrote:
2 > I am not sure what you are suggesting for change, though:
3 >
4 >  (A) Removing use flag ccache altogether?
5 >
6 >       That could result in the uninstallation of the
7 >       ccache package if it was the sole dependency of catalyst.
8 >       Correct?
9
10 Indeed, emerge --prune would remove ccache.
11
12 >  (B) Remove the sed magic only?
13 >
14 >       That would remove the comfort of automatic addition
15 >       of option ccache.  Any gains?
16 >
17 >  (C) Something else?
18
19 I might suggest removing all ccache-related stuff in the ebuild and
20 adding a few einfo lines to the ebuild suggesting to the user to
21 emerge ccache (so that it'll be in @world) and how to modify
22 catalyst.conf to enable it. Do you think that would be OK?
23
24 It just seems like the USE flag is the wrong way of doing this.
25
26 (I'm so glad to see you working on catalyst. I've got a number of
27 patches that I need to commit, especially now that I see some other
28 activity)
29
30 Thanks!
31 Matt