From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] catalyst's ccache USE flag seems a bit stupid
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 14:37:55
1 On 06/25/2011 05:55 AM, Matt Turner wrote:
2 > I might suggest removing all ccache-related stuff in the ebuild and
3 > adding a few einfo lines to the ebuild suggesting to the user to
4 > emerge ccache (so that it'll be in @world) and how to modify
5 > catalyst.conf to enable it. Do you think that would be OK?
6 >
7 > It just seems like the USE flag is the wrong way of doing this.
8
9 I don't know. dev-util/metro seems to pull in ccache in a similar way.
10 I would love to hear a third voice on this.
13 > (I'm so glad to see you working on catalyst. I've got a number of
14 > patches that I need to commit, especially now that I see some other
15 > activity)
16
17 Please go ahead.
18