From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Overwriting linuxrc
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 19:06:15
1 On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 14:11 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
2 > %% David Bryson <mutex@g.o> writes:
3 >
4 > db> *reads some more*
5 >
6 > db> OK it's all coming back to me now. I added to my ebuild the
7 > db> linuxrc that I wanted, and had it installed in a well known
8 > db> location in /tmp during the emerge process of the catalyst stage.
9 >
10 > Hm. I'm not so thrilled about tweaking out an ebuild for this. I think
11 > I'll try something different.
12 >
13 > >> It's already been done, just that it is in CVS HEAD right now and
14 > >> probably won't be released until after 2005.1 is out the door.
15 >
16 > db> cooooool. :D
17 >
18 > Is there anywhere I can find out more about this "Rocket" stuff? Sounds
19 > neat.
20
21 Hehe... rocket is a person. He's a developer that I brought on to work
22 on catalyst and genkernel. He did most of the work to modularize
23 catalyst for the catalyst 2.0 release, which we'll be putting out after
24 2005.1's release.
27 Chris Gianelloni
29 Games - Developer
30 Gentoo Linux