From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Overwriting linuxrc
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 18:36:57
1 On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 10:38 -0700, David Bryson wrote:
2 > naw, much better to put something in spec file like
3 > livecd/linuxrc: <path to my linuxrc>
4
5 So you don't actually have something like this already in the embedded
6 target. That's really what I was getting at.
7
8 > As andrew already mentioned it's a 'module' inside catalyst that
9 > describes how to build a certain type of system from a spec file.
10
11 Ehh... I'm the catalyst maintainer, so I know how it works, thanks.
12
13 > I actually implemented it as part of the 'kernel' arguments to the
14 > spec file. My files look something like this:
15
16 Right. So you didn't actually add an option anywhere in catalyst, you
17 just worked around it. Your original email made it sound like there was
18 already catalyst code to support this that just needed to be made
19 available. There isn't. That was all I needed to know. =]
22 > boot/kernel: vanilla
23 > boot/kernel/runscript: /usr/lib/catalyst-devel/targets/embedded/kmerge.sh
24 > boot/kernel/vanilla/sources: =sys-kernel/vanilla-sources-2.4.26
25 > boot/kernel/vanilla/config: /root/kernel-config
26 > boot/kernel/vanilla/gk_kernargs: --arch-override=x86
27 > --linuxrc=/tmp/mergeroot/linuxrc
28 > boot/kernel/vanilla/gk_action: all
29 >
30 > help at all ?