From: Ted Kosan <tkosan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] net-dialup/ppp-2.4.2-r15 build error
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 03:20:51
1 Erick wrote:
2
3 >in my experience, there is a variable in livecd-stage2_template.spec
4 >called boot/kernel/gentoo/config: that allow you to do so.
5
6 I checked the catalyst source code to see if this variable is also used during
7 stage1, but it appears that it is not.
11 Georg wrote:
12
13 >http://www.tzi.de/~lippold/openca/HOWTO-OpenCA-Gentoo-BootCD.html
14 >
15 >It's a description of how I did it.
16
17 This is an excellent HowTo Georg. I learned a great deal from it and it has
18 already helped me solve some other problems I was having.
22 Chris wrote:
23
24 > Bug #103878 is the culprit. <...>
25 > My suggestion to you would be to add yourself to the CC on the bug, edit
26 > the ebuild yourself to remove the unnecessary kernel check, and make a
27 > new snapshot.
28
29 I initially fixed my problem by adding some hacked code to
30 livecd_stage1_target.py in catalyst to copy the .config file into the proper
31 place but now I will remove that code and edit the PPP ebuild.
32
33 Thanks again everyone for the help :-)
34
35 Ted
36 --
37 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list