From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] How is initrd built?
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 22:18:38
1 On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 17:47 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
2 > Then, I ran into a problem with the very latest kernel (2.6.12-r4) where
3 > the genpatches version it required (7) was not available on the gentoo
4 > site or any of the mirrors. I dropped back to the 2.6.11 kernel using a
5 > package.mask file.
6
7 Hrrrmn... it is working here... strange.
8
9 > Anyway. On booting I tried to add the unionfs flag to the boot line and
10 > noticed this bug in linuxrc:
11 >
12 > unionfs)
13 > if [ ! -x /sbin/unionctl ]
14 > then
15 > USE_UNIONFS_NORMAL=0
16 > bad_msg 'Unionctl not found: aborting use of unionfs!'
17 > else
18 > USE_UNIONFS_NORMAL=1
19 > fi
20 > ;;
21 >
22 > But, when I install this unionctl IS there: it lives in /usr/sbin, not
23 > /sbin.
24 >
25 > unionfs\=*)
26 > if [ ! -x /sbin/unionctl ]
27 >
28 > Ditto here.
29 >
30 > I know this is in genkernel not catalyst; should I file a bug or is this
31 > good enough?
32
33 So it is in /usr/sbin within the initrd? Yeah, that definitely should
34 be filed as a bug and assigned to genkernel@g.o, if you would.
37 Chris Gianelloni
39 Games - Developer
40 Gentoo Linux