From: Paul Smith <psmith@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] How is initrd built?
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 21:48:19
1 OK, I finally got myself back to building--the latest emerge sync caused
2 a lot of ebuilds that I had made in my own portdir_overlay to suddenly
3 become supported in the default snapshot, which caused build issues.
4
5 Then, I ran into a problem with the very latest kernel (2.6.12-r4) where
6 the genpatches version it required (7) was not available on the gentoo
7 site or any of the mirrors. I dropped back to the 2.6.11 kernel using a
8 package.mask file.
11 Anyway. On booting I tried to add the unionfs flag to the boot line and
12 noticed this bug in linuxrc:
13
14 unionfs)
15 if [ ! -x /sbin/unionctl ]
16 then
17 USE_UNIONFS_NORMAL=0
18 bad_msg 'Unionctl not found: aborting use of unionfs!'
19 else
20 USE_UNIONFS_NORMAL=1
21 fi
22 ;;
23
24 But, when I install this unionctl IS there: it lives in /usr/sbin, not
25 /sbin.
26
27 unionfs\=*)
28 if [ ! -x /sbin/unionctl ]
29
30 Ditto here.
31
32 I know this is in genkernel not catalyst; should I file a bug or is this
33 good enough?
37 Paul D. Smith <psmith@××××××.com> HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools
38 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
40 These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
41 --
42 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list