From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Problems with opengl and catalyst
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 12:57:03
1 On Fri, 2007-01-12 at 13:45 +0100, Frittella Laurento wrote:
2 > Chris Gianelloni ha scritto:
3 > > This could be a *major* problem if you try to distribute this CD. Doing
4 > > so is illegal as it is a violation of the GPL. Even distributing this
5 > > DC to your family is really against the law, if going by the absolute
6 > > letter of the law, since you cannot prove the source for all of the
7 > > components of the nVidia driver (and it is released under an
8 > > incompatible license with the GPL, to boot)...
9 >
10 > Ok Chris, I think I'll remove this package from my livecd
11 >
12 > > It sounds like you need to run opengl-update prior to starting your
13 > > revdep-rebuild.
14 >
15 > I'll try this too, meanwhile I noticed that if I add to my ffscript
16 > something like "emerge -1 xorg-server" this doesn't simply replace the
17 > package but installs about 7 new dependencies!
18 > It's strange, isn't it?
19
20 That definitely sounds like a broken build. I'd re-run your
21 livecd-stage1 (with -a, but not -p) before restarting livecd-stage2.
24 Chris Gianelloni
25 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
26 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
27 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
28 Gentoo Foundation