From: Greg Fitzgerald <netzdamon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] livecd stage1 kernel .config
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 18:09:57
1 On 10:41 AM - Tuesday, January 8, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2
3 > Greg Fitzgerald wrote:
4 >> Thanks for correcting me. I had already gone about setting -gnome though
5 >> and solved that. Moved onto the livecd-stage2.spec and that went fine.
6 >> Now when I boot the iso imagine I get the following error.
7 >> mount: Mounting /dev/loop0 on /mnt/newroot/livecd failed: invalid
8 >> argument
9 >> Started searching around for this error. Found a possible solution by
10 >> editing the squashfs imagine but I have no idea if that will work and
11 >> its very hackish. Wondering if someone might know what I did wrong.
12 >> Using the stable version of genkernel of course.
13 >> Two things I did read about was some people had luck with squashfs
14 >> compiled as a module others had better luck with it compiled into the
15 >> kernel. I have tried both ways now.
16 >
17 > Are you sure you have loop device and squashfs support enabled in your
18 > kernel?
19 >
20 > --
21 > Andrew Gaffney
22 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
23 > Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release
24 > coordinator
25 > --
26 > gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o mailing list
29 We'll still stuck on that same error. Here is my kernel config that I
30 stole from the squash image so I was sure it was being used.
31
32 http://gregf.org/gentoo/kernel-config-x86_64-2.6.23-gentoo-r3
33
34 I also tried changing my livecd type to livecd/type: generic-livecd
35 based off of the comments from the default spec file. No luck there
36 either.
37
38 Both loop and squashfs are enabled. I have done some looking around and
39 I see a bunch of people complaining about the same issue on
40 gentoo-wiki.com. I know it's unsupported, just where I happened to find
41 others with the same issue.
42
43 When I hit up the forums one person was talking about doing some things
44 to get it working by modifying the squashfs image inside the iso.
45 /dev/loop0 does exist inside the image. There is no entry in the fstab
46 but I'm assuming everything is called with full paths so there is no
47 need.
48
49 First time doing this as I mentioned before so any help would be
50 appreciated. If I can provide any info to make it easier let me know.
51
52 Best Regards,
53 Greg
54 --