From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] livecd stage1 kernel .config
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 16:42:19
1 Greg Fitzgerald wrote:
2 > Thanks for correcting me. I had already gone about setting -gnome though
3 > and solved that. Moved onto the livecd-stage2.spec and that went fine.
4 > Now when I boot the iso imagine I get the following error.
5 >
6 > mount: Mounting /dev/loop0 on /mnt/newroot/livecd failed: invalid
7 > argument
8 >
9 > Started searching around for this error. Found a possible solution by
10 > editing the squashfs imagine but I have no idea if that will work and
11 > its very hackish. Wondering if someone might know what I did wrong.
12 > Using the stable version of genkernel of course.
13 >
14 > Two things I did read about was some people had luck with squashfs
15 > compiled as a module others had better luck with it compiled into the
16 > kernel. I have tried both ways now.
17
18 Are you sure you have loop device and squashfs support enabled in your kernel?
21 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
22 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
23 --
24 gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o mailing list