From: Greg Fitzgerald <netzdamon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] livecd stage1 kernel .config
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 15:35:50
1 On 3:27 PM - Monday, January 7, Daniel Ostrow wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, 2008-01-07 at 15:52 -0500, Greg Fitzgerald wrote:
4 > > On 3:38 PM - Monday, January 7, Chris Traylor wrote:
5 > >
6 > > > On Mon, 2008-01-07 at 15:28 -0500, Greg Fitzgerald wrote:
7 > > >
8 > > > > mail-client/mozilla-thunderbird
9 > > > > www-client/mozilla-firefox
10 > > >
11 > > >
12 > > > Without knowing for sure, I would suspect one or both of these two.
13 > > >
14 > > > Chris
15 > > >
16 > > > --
17 > > > Q: How many neocons does it take to change a lightbulb?
18 > > > A: None. Neocons don't believe in light bulbs, they declare war on evil
19 > > > and set the house on fire.
20 > >
21 > > From what I see in those two ebuilds, I doubt it is either of those
22 > > myself. Could be, I just don't see it from the depends listed. I did
23 > > however found out the profile I was using has the gnome use flag set
24 > > by default. So I changed that to -gnome modified my list of apps a
25 > > little and I am going to set it up to build again tonight. Let everyone
26 > > know how it goes sometime tomorrow. Sure I can figure this out on my own
27 > > now, I was just more curious if I was missing some super secret method or
28 > > option in my spec file. I'll make a post soon as I know something more.
29 > > Still open to opinions.
30 > >
31 > > Thanks,
32 > > Greg
33 >
34 > thunderbird, firefox and ntfsprogs all pull in gnome-vfs which pulls in
35 > gnome-mount which pulls in gnome-menu. In all cases this is due to the
36 > gnome USE flag.
37 >
38 > --Dan
39
40 Thanks for correcting me. I had already gone about setting -gnome though
41 and solved that. Moved onto the livecd-stage2.spec and that went fine.
42 Now when I boot the iso imagine I get the following error.
43
44 mount: Mounting /dev/loop0 on /mnt/newroot/livecd failed: invalid
45 argument
46
47 Started searching around for this error. Found a possible solution by
48 editing the squashfs imagine but I have no idea if that will work and
49 its very hackish. Wondering if someone might know what I did wrong.
50 Using the stable version of genkernel of course.
51
52 Two things I did read about was some people had luck with squashfs
53 compiled as a module others had better luck with it compiled into the
54 kernel. I have tried both ways now.
55
56 Best Regards,
57 Greg