From: Greg Fitzgerald <netzdamon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] livecd stage1 kernel .config
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 17:00:33
1 On 10:41 AM - Tuesday, January 8, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2
3 > Greg Fitzgerald wrote:
4 >> Thanks for correcting me. I had already gone about setting -gnome though
5 >> and solved that. Moved onto the livecd-stage2.spec and that went fine.
6 >> Now when I boot the iso imagine I get the following error.
7 >> mount: Mounting /dev/loop0 on /mnt/newroot/livecd failed: invalid
8 >> argument
9 >> Started searching around for this error. Found a possible solution by
10 >> editing the squashfs imagine but I have no idea if that will work and
11 >> its very hackish. Wondering if someone might know what I did wrong.
12 >> Using the stable version of genkernel of course.
13 >> Two things I did read about was some people had luck with squashfs
14 >> compiled as a module others had better luck with it compiled into the
15 >> kernel. I have tried both ways now.
16 >
17 > Are you sure you have loop device and squashfs support enabled in your
18 > kernel?
19 >
20 > --
21 > Andrew Gaffney
22 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
23 > Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release
24 > coordinator
25 > --
26 > gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o mailing list
27 >
28 Yep,
29
30 CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP=y
31 CONFIG_SQUASHFS=y
32 CONFIG_SQUASHFS_EMBEDDED=y
33 CONFIG_SQUASHFS_FRAGMENT_CACHE_SIZE=3
36 --Greg
37 --
38 gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o mailing list