From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] catalyst related kernel problem?
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 17:55:30
1 lurker wrote:
2 > When I set up that chroot I didn't know that catalyst was able to
3 > generate x86 stages from amd64 systems, so that was my reason for
4 > creating it. I will install catalyst and genkernel on my main system
5 > instead and work from there, and if that fails upgrading to the latest
6 > versions.
7
8 You don't need genkernel on your host system. It's emerged inside catalyst's
9 chroot when it's needed.
10
11 > But even if that fixes it, I would very much like to know what was going
12 > on. From my debugging I have pretty much confirmed that it's that
13 > find/cpio call that fails, but I cannot grasp why at all. Few bugs have
14 > left me this perplexed.
15
16 We are right in the middle of a release cycle with a couple of people doing
17 repeated catalyst builds, and nobody is hitting this bug.
20 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
21 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
22 --
23 gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o mailing list