From: lurker <lurker@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] catalyst related kernel problem?
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 21:31:41
1 On 21/02/08 18:55, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2 > lurker wrote:
3 >> When I set up that chroot I didn't know that catalyst was able to
4 >> generate x86 stages from amd64 systems, so that was my reason for
5 >> creating it. I will install catalyst and genkernel on my main system
6 >> instead and work from there, and if that fails upgrading to the latest
7 >> versions.
8 >
9 > You don't need genkernel on your host system. It's emerged inside
10 > catalyst's chroot when it's needed.
11
12 Yeah, what I really meant was to add the new genkernel ebuild to my
13 spec's portage overlay.
14
15 >> But even if that fixes it, I would very much like to know what was going
16 >> on. From my debugging I have pretty much confirmed that it's that
17 >> find/cpio call that fails, but I cannot grasp why at all. Few bugs have
18 >> left me this perplexed.
19 >
20 > We are right in the middle of a release cycle with a couple of people
21 > doing repeated catalyst builds, and nobody is hitting this bug.
22
23 I know. I've had this problem since ~november, and the only other person
24 that have reported something similar is Åsmund. It would be interesting
25 if he could elaborate on the circumstances he got it in...
29 gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o mailing list