From: "Åsmund Grammeltvedt" <asmundg@××××.tv>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] catalyst related kernel problem?
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 17:29:19
1 On Thursday 21 February 2008, lurker wrote:
2 > On 21/02/08 18:55, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
3 > > lurker wrote:
4 > >> But even if that fixes it, I would very much like to know what was going
5 > >> on. From my debugging I have pretty much confirmed that it's that
6 > >> find/cpio call that fails, but I cannot grasp why at all. Few bugs have
7 > >> left me this perplexed.
8 > >
9 > > We are right in the middle of a release cycle with a couple of people
10 > > doing repeated catalyst builds, and nobody is hitting this bug.
11 >
12 > I know. I've had this problem since ~november, and the only other person
13 > that have reported something similar is Åsmund. It would be interesting
14 > if he could elaborate on the circumstances he got it in...
15
16 I did, in fact, get it building i686 on an amd64 platform. Everything worked
17 perfectly until, I assume, I updated my portage snapshot. I can't recall
18 having done anything else that should affect the build, but since I could
19 work around the problem when I located it, I didn't take the time to
20 investigate further (or submit a bug, since I felt there were too many
21 potential factors at the time).
24 Åsmund Grammeltvedt
25 Snap TV